I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Birthday Card Swap

I'm a  little behind again in my postings, so I'll try to catch up.
I joined a birthday card swap on the Scraps of Color website.  My stash of cards for birthdays was dwindling and I needed to get some more in there so that I would have some for when I need a card at the last minute to send out.  And its always good to see what others are doing, for you never know what inspiration you'll get.

So my birthday cards were done with an image from Robert Jackson ... he is a local artist here in Tucson that has been doing digital images of African Americans.  Finding digital art to use of African Americans is not as abundant as other digital art, so when he was approached about doing these images, he stepped up to the plate and is also taking requests for images that one would like to see.    The image that I used is called "She's Fierce".

Since I'm trying to use up my stash, my goal is to use what I have and not go out and buy anything.  It's become a challenge because someone is always creating some new and wonderful papers that I just have to have.

I used Coredinations Cardstock, patterned paper from my stash, pearl accents, lacy ribbon, stickles, copic inks and inked the edges.  So as not to buy anything new, I ended up using 3 different patterned papers.

All 3 different colored cards.

Peach Card

Brown Card

Lime Green Card

Recipe:
Coredinations Cardstock
Patterned Paper - DCWV Rustic Stack
Robert Jackson Digital Image "She's Fierce"
Stickles
Studio 112 Pearls
Lacy Ribbon
Copic inks
Memento Chalk inks
Sentiment - Fiskars Make a Wish Quotes (Acrylic)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...