I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Tim Holtz Charm Swap

I decided to participate in a Tim Holtz Charm swap.  One of the criteria was that you had to use some Tim Holtz element ... and it couldn't be ink.  LOL!  That would just be too easy to do.  Not trying to go out and buy anything, but to use what I had on hand.... I found that I had a lot of the "fragments" ... so that is what I went with.   I wasn't too sure as to how this charm swap was going to work, but I gave it my all and I hope that the recipients like what I've created.  There are 21 charms for this swap.

I found some postage stamp paper and used that with the fragment charms.  Glossy accents was used to adhere the paper to the fragments.  Next, I wanted to see what other elements that I had on hand to pretty this up some.  Since I used to do the craft show circuit, I had a lot of things left over from my jewelry making days.  I pulled out some sterling silver head pins, swarvoski crystals, swarvoski pearls, bali spacers and sterling silver jump rings.  I wire wrapped those components ... and wow, it felt good doing that since I'd not done any jewelry making of any sort in a long time.  I applied some lobster clasps that I found and put everything together.

I'd treated myself to some Tim Holtz Alterations dies for Christmas, so I used the Baroque die for the tag that I'm shipping them with.  I wanted the paper to be a little bit sturdy and used Kraft Cardstock.  I embossed the tags with the Script Sizzix embossing folder and then inked the edges with Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress ink.

I hope they like my charms.



Recipe:
Charm:
Tim Holtz Fragments
Glossy Accents
Recollections Patterned Paper - Money
Sterling Silver Head pins
Swarvoski Crystals - Rose
Swarvoski Glass Pearls
Bali Spacers
Sterling Silver Jump Rings
Lobster Clasps

Tag:
Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Alterations Die - Baroque
Sizzix Script Embossing Folder

4 comments:

  1. Helen, you did GREAT!!! Good luck and have fun in the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, you did a great job on those tags.... i think they'll like them!!! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gr8 Job Helen, when I get good at this i wanna be just as good as you. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...