I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sabino Canyon

So, I'm training for my Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 3 day 60 mile walk thats coming up in November.  I called my teammate to say lets go out this morning because I needed to do some hills.  We're doing the walk in San Diego and I've been told there are quite a few hills during the 3 days.

Sabino Canyon is 3.7 miles to the top.  Hills are not my friend and never have been.  I have asthma and its always slowed me down.  We were going to play it by ear this morning to see how far I could get up that mountain, and I'm not one much for defeat.  So I pushed forward.  On the way up... I forget where we were in the journey... maybe around mile 2, we heard a hiss and a rattle... so I jumped away from that edge.  Yep, it was a rattlesnake.  We stayed our distance, but went back to look at it.



Then we proceeded on up to the top.  If you get to 3 miles, you might as well continue the last .7 miles to the top.  Yes, I did it.  Here's the proof.


 
This is me with my teammate Wanda.

Then on the way down, we ran across this in the middle of the road.
Yep... its a snake.  It wasn't a rattler, but I just waited for it to slither on away.  Don't you want to come join me for some adventure?


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I so love Sabino Canyon---thanks for the memories. Haven't been there since I was twenty something! Congrats on making it to the top!! Good luck with your 'walk'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on training for the Breast Cancer Walk
    - what a beautiful gesture.

    Snake??? I would have lost control!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, I see you are in great shape for the walk. I certainly appreciate you as I am sure other survivors do. Now stay away from the snakes. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...