I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sketch Challenge with a Twist - Using Red, Black and White Cardstock

Over at the Scraps of Color website, one of the challenges this week was to use Tiare's sketch to create a card using the colors Red, Black and white.  Since I'd just recently gotten in some new African American stamps from Rubbernecker Stamps, I've been testing them out using different coloring and techniques.

I'm still learning to use my Copic inks... and I know I need to add some colors so that I can blend and shade properly... but til then, I'll use what I have.

So this is Breyona again decked out in Black Diamond stickles.  I used a DCWV glitter stack, Red and White Bazzill cardstock, the sentiment is one from SU that I've had for a while, Copic inks, smooch inks, flowers (bridal section from Michael's) and some rhinestones.


Here's a close up view.

Recipe:
Breyona Image (Rubbernecker Stamps)
Marvy Puffy paints
Smooch inks (lips and earrings)
Copic inks (Body, necklace)
Black Diamond Stickles
Rhinestones
White Flowers (Michaels Bridal section)
Bazzil Cardstock (Red and White)
DCWV Glitter Stack (Patterned Papers)
SU Bubble Queen Set (2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...