I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Buried Treasures Challenge

I was up late chatting with some scrappy friends on the SOC website and decided to get scrappy while chatting.  Of course , it takes longer to get something accomplished... but you can get it done.

A challenge was posted at the beginning of the month to find some buried treasures in your home that you'd not used.  Some people buy things because they need them right then and there, and there are others that buy things just because.  I'm both of those people.  I'm a tool junky and gotta have them regardless whether I use them right away or later on down the road.

Well, this week, I went in the depths of my spare bedroom where I had stashed my jewelry supplies ... looking for my pliers that I needed to put a clasp on a mini album that I've been working on.  As I was stepping... or shall I say... climbing from the other side of the bed.... I spotted these bags.   So of course I had to take a look and see what they were.

In one bag, there were 2 brand new, unopened Cricut cartridges.  I don't know when I put them in there and why, because my cricut machine is in my craft room.  I'm ashamed to say when I bought them for I truly had forgotten that I had them and had repurchased those 2 cartridges.  In the 2nd bag, there were 4 EK success punches.... 2 of which I must have used because they weren't in the packaging.... lol... thats a good sign.  The 3rd bag contained 7 sets of SU stamps.  One of the sets had been used and the others were still never assembled.  I found that one of the stamp sets... I had previously purchased and didn't realize that either.   But its all good, because I had hosted the SU party and the duplicate stamp set was a freebie (eventhough now that I think of it, I could have gotten something else... oh well.)

So my buried treasure that I used was one of the SU stamp sets called Echoes of Kindness.  I went to the Split Coast Stampers website to do a search on that set for some inspiration.  I found lots of good possibilities.  This one really stuck to me.  One of the techniques on this card in addition to using the stamp, was a technique called Lattice Folding.  I'd not seen that before and thought I'd give it a whirl.  It led me to a tutorial on how to do the lattice folding .... and you can find it here... Lattice Folding Technique .

So here's my card created from my buried treasure:
The stamping was done with pigment ink and embossed with Utee embossing powder, then colored with BIC mark it markers.


Then I decided that it was missing something, so I went back and added some bling:


Recipe:
DCWV Summer Stack patterned paper
Regular Cardstock from my stash
SU stamp set - Echoes of Kindness
Rhinestones
Ribbon: Prestige (M's Dollar bin ribbon)
BIC Mark It Markers for the coloring of the stamp

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...