I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halloween Card - Curler Lady

On my SOC website group, we had did an image exchange of African American images.  As you know, and if you don't, you know now.... there aren't a lot of African American images in production.  Trying to find them can be quite challenging.  I've been thinking hard about having my son design new ones for me to have made up.

This past wkend, there was a challenge to take this one image and have everyone make a card from it.   Ok..... I take that back... it was 2 wkends ago.  LOL!  So, I wanted to do something different and out of the ordinary from me.  I had found the MS Halloween paper at Big Lots a while back and taken it with me, not with the intent to do this card, but to work on some Halloween cards.  Needless to say,  it was the only thing that I completed that night in 3 hrs.  Yes, I said 3 hrs.  I got there late and then I was so wound up that I spent most of the night talking to friends and shopping at the garage sale (sale of merchandise you no longer need in your stash).  Ohhhh, the things that I bought and yes.... I needed also.  But thats a story for another time.

So... here's the card.  I laugh when I look at this.


Recipe:
MS Halloween Paper (double sided)
Gemstones Orange Cardstock
Rhinestones
Glitter
Ribbon (from girlfriends stash)
Cuttlebug embossing folder - SpiderWeb
Stamped Image - Curler Lady
MS Border Punch
Copic coloring

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...