I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

This is Breast Cancer Awareness month!
This is a month in which we honor  those who are Survivors and keep strong in our hearts those that have passed on.

My mom is a double mastectomy survivor and November 2nd marks her 12th yr since she had her surgery.  I am truly blessed to have her with me.

Since 2007, I made a vow to keep alive the memory of those that have passed on and those who have survived this battle.  Back in October 2007, I walked in the National Susan G Komen 3day 60 mile Breast Cancer walk.  I made it a commitment to walk each year for as long as my legs will allow it.  When I became unemployed in 2009, unfortunately, I could not keep my commitment, but made a promise to myself that when I was fully employed again, that I would make the journey happen.
This year, I am proud to say that I am walking in my 3rd 60 mile walk.

Today I have a fundraiser to help me reach my goal.  In order to walk, I have to raise $2300.  I am 78% of the way to my goal as of today.  I walk on November 18 -20, 2011 in San Diego.  I decided to bring back my bowling fundraiser and hope that it is successful.  Given these economic times, my donors have not been able to contribute as much as they have in the past.  Go to my page to learn more about this walk.

I created some glass etched mugs for sale today along with some other things that I hope will bring in some extra funds.


 Hope

 Survivor

 Walk for the Cure


Wear Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...