I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 8

I am oh so struggling to come up with something tonite so I can complete this tag.  I have cut out so many masks and I'm not having any luck with something that I'm finding acceptable.


Whoa is me!

Ok.... over 2 hrs later..... I have finally come up with a tag that I am almost happy with.  Thank you Tim Holtz for the challenge.  Boy, I really wish that I had all the embellishments , rubber stamps, ink pads , ok... lets just say the whole darn line of what he has come up with.... including the new Vagabond embossing machine that he has created.  But since its not in my budget anytime soon, I will just oogle and google and gloat over it.  Take a look at Tag 8 that he created.

So here's what I did with my tag.  I made my own mask using my cricut machine.  I used the Christmas Cards Cricut Cartridge and cut out the couple in the sleigh pulled by the horse.  I then inked up my tag using the Fired Brick Distress ink pad.  After getting it to a color I was happy with, I then used some black archival ink and stamped with the musical note rubber stamp and some snowflakes.  I removed the mask and then following Tim's instructions, I heated the  tag so that the inks were nice and dry.  Then I covered that image up with the other part of the mask and inked with the other distress inks that were shown in the instructions.

I don't have the metal corners.  I was going to make my own, but decided not to do so in the end.  Now what to do about the house?  I don't have that die.  Ah... my cricut to the rescue.  LOL!  Theres gotta be a house on one of the many carts that I own.   Presto... I found one on the Jubilee Cricut Cartridge.  The "village" had no windows but the words "Merry Christmas " on it.  Since I was cutting it a bit on the small side, I hid contoured the words and the really small windows.  I cut this out with grungepaper x2 and glued them together.  EK success has this neat little punch that punches out a tab... so I used that to cut out windows on the village houses.  How neat is that!  Then I painted it with one of the dabbers that I have on hand.

Everything came together quite nicely and I like what I've created now that I've written this all out.  I just realized that I didn't add one of the final touches to this tag... the key.  I'll do that later on.  Enjoy!
So here's the tag:


I like the effect seen around the sleigh (white border) .

Isn't my little Village House the cutest!!

Recipe:
Shipping Tag
Jubilee Cricut Cartridge - Village
Christmas Cards Cricut Cartridge - Horse Drawn Sleigh
Ribbon from stash
Crystal Stickles
Copper Wire
Music Notes Rubber Stamp
Snowflakes - Tim Holtz holiday mini stamps
Hand written sentiment
Tim Holtz Time Piece
Acrylic Paint Dabber - Pool
Distress Inks:
Fired Brick
Tumbled Glass
Chipped Sapphire
Walnut Stain

2 comments:

  1. You go girl. Doesn't look like you struggle too much. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a FABULOUS job!!! I have loved following your Tim Holtz Tag journey. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...