I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 9

Doncha just love it when things go a lot better than you planned them to?  Well, after staying up til way after midnite working on my Day 8 tag that was trying to get the best of me, I got it done and was in bed at an unreasonable time.  Then I was back up less than 4 hrs later to cook a peach cobbler.   So lemme tell ya... things were smelling some kinda good when I went to check on it and realized that I had used the regular flour vs the self rising flour.  Yep... that make a big difference.

So I digress... lets get back to day 9 tag.  Tim Holtz decided to take it easy on us by giving us a simpler tag to do.  Its only simple if you have all of his supplies... which he has at his fingertips.... including that adorable Vagabond .  So he also used this new die of his ... .to make rosette's.  No, I don't have that either.  I can't emphasize enough to anyone that wants to give me some Tim Holtz supplies some of the items on my wish list.  Hint, Hint, Hint!  LOL!

First off, I decided to make my own paper..... pulled out a sheet of craft cardstock.  I stamped the entire paper with my musical notes stamp with archival ink.  I heated it to make sure that it would not rub or smear when I started manipulating the paper.  So then, I pulled out my Scor-Pal and went to work.  I cut the first one and had it all assembled to realize that that was one huge rosette.  Ok..... so I miscalculated.  This time I cut the strip 3/4" x 12" and then used the Scor-pal to score this strip in 1/2" increments. I cut off 1/4" from one end and turned the paper over, then scored the opposite side at the 1/2" marks again or in between the original score marks.... making each score mark 1/4" in width.  I cut 2 circles out with my paper hole punch... but ended up free hand cutting them down to the size to fit the rosette.  If you don't understand any of this... take a look at this Rosette Tutorial.

I pretty much used what I had on hand for this tag and made substitutions as necessary.  Again.... my cricut to the rescue.  I used the Blackletter Cricut Cartridge for the sentiment on the tag.  I use my Glimmer Mist vs the Perfect Pearls.  I had the clear hearts in my stash from my jewelry making days.  Unfortunately, I gave most of my sewing supplies away .. including buttons.  Yep, I know... but I wan't scrapbooking then and knew that I could use them for this craft.

So without further ado, here is my Day 9 tag:


Closeup of the Rosette

Closeup of the bottom of the tag

Recipe:
Shipping Tag
Blackletter Cricut Cartridge
Ribbon and Fun Fur from stash
Coredinations Cardstock
Musical Notes Rubber Stamp
Archival Ink - Black
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Walnut Gold
Tim Holtz Trinket Pins , Adornments and Brads
Glossy Accents Paper Glaze
Distress Inks:
Wild Honey
Walnut Stain
Tea Dyed

5 comments:

  1. this turned out just lovely! I'm enjoying checking in each day to see what you've created... one of these years I'm going to try keeping up with Tim and his tags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done! This tag has a rich vintage look. The attention to detail in improvising the rosette was well worth the effort!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...