I Said I Wouldn't Do This!

Ok, I was talked into creating a blog to showcase my creativity. I have been resisting this for far too long, but now is the time to finally get the ball rolling.

So here goes. Come with me on my journey into creativity.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

TH 12 Tags of Christmas - Day 2

Ok.... we're off to a great start.  I completed my day 2 tag and had to do a little improvising.  As I stated in my day 1 post, I'm trying to use what I have in my stash with minimal purchases for supplies that I absolutely must have.  LOL!  Thats what I keep telling myself.

So here is Tim Holtz day 2 tag: http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/12/12-tags-of-christmastag-2.html

DSC00771

So in scrounging up my supplies, I found I didn't have half of the items he used in this tag, but I'm going to do like Tim Gunn says "Make it work".  LOL!

So for my tag, I went back to my Cricut cartridge and cut the Reindeer from Very Merry Tags, as I had done last year.  I used Grunge paper to cut it out and then inked it with Frayed Burlap.  The Holly leaves were cut from the MS Leaves punch.  While talking to another Tim Holtz fan, we discussed how to make the paper using our stash.  So I took a piece of Kraft paper and stamped it with the Recollections Musical Note stamp using a black permanent Archival ink.  I then embossed some holly leaves and the words "Christmas Carol from TH Christmas stamp set.

I didn't have any of the Picket Fence ink that he used, so I lightly used my Snow Cap Paint dauber and rubbed some off before it dried.  I think my Kraft resist version came out really nice.  I used a TH On The Edge die to cut the bottom piece out of grunge paper.  I inked it with Gold Paint dauber, and then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I added some brads to the bottom after adhering the grunge paper to the tag.  For the final touch, I added the "Believe" charm to a piece of ribbon from my stash.  I'm proud to say that all the supplies used were from my stash.  Yea me... WTG!

And now, for my tag:

Recipe:
Kraft Paper
Recollections Musical Note Stamp
TH Christmas Carol Stamp
Holly Leaf Stamp
TH Brads
TH Ornate On The Edge Die
Andironak Snow Cap Paint Dauber
TH Grunge Paper
TH Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
TH Vintage Photo Distress Ink
TH Seasonal Distress Ink
Cricut Cartridge Very Merry Tags - Reindeer
MS Holly Leaf Punch
Red Rhinestone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...